Three warehouses have been set-up in Guadeloupe, Martinique and French Guiana in which the PIRAC maintains inventories of its stock:
- Logistical materials for deploying Red Cross team members, medical equipment
- Non-food items (NFI) for basic needs (hygiene, cooking, shelter…)
- Equipment for the production and the distribution of potable water, of which some of this equipment (for water) is pre-positioned in Haiti, within the Haitian Red Cross.
In order to respond efficiently to emergencies, the PIRAC has Response Teams which intervene in the zone for the Americas and the Caribbean (EIRAC or RIT). These volunteers who have been trained in emergency response, have both material and logistical means which are integrated in the chain of assistance and are based in Guadeloupe, Martinique, Guiana and in Haiti. They are ready to be deployed quickly for a speedy and effective response.
Fields of action of the EIRAC/RIT (Regional Intervention Team):
- Medical: first aid, treatment, monitoring of contagious diseases and referrals of 10,000 patients during a 3-month period.
- Water and sanitation: treatment, transportation and storage of water for 40,000 people per day, for 4 months.
- Logistics: installation and logistical support in the various strategic zones of an international Red Cross operation: airport, warehouse, base, camps.
With the multiplicity of territories which make up the zone, there is a corresponding multitude of actors at many levels - state, non-governmental, national and regional, internal to the Red Cross Movement and third-party :
Institutional partners in French territories, where the PIRAC has found, up to this time, most of its funding and operational support :
- Regional Councils of Guadeloupe, French Guiana and Martinique
- General Councils of Guadeloupe, French Guiana and Martinique
- Overseas Authorities for St Martin and St Barthélémy
- Prefectures of Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique, St Martin and St Barthélémy and their services for defence and civil protection
- Departmental services for fire and emergencies (SDIS) of Guadeloupe, French Guiana and Martinique
- SAMU (French ambulance and emergency service) of Guadeloupe and French Guiana
- Customs Dept. of Guadeloupe, French Guiana and Martinique
- Environmental Dept. of Guadeloupe (Project Earthquake - Antilles)
- Military Command of Guadeloupe (COMIL)
- Military staff – Antilles zone
- Military staff – French Guiana zone
Private partners in the French territories, where the PIRAC has benefitted, up to now, from HR and logistical support:
- Générale des Eaux / Water company (Guadeloupe)
- Guyanaise des Eaux / Water company (French Guiana)
- SARA (Antilles refinery, which provides a warehouse in Martinique)
Regional institutional partners within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement:
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies:
- Office of the Panama zone
- Sub-regional office in Trinidad and Tobago (CRRO)
- Logistical response unit, Panama (PADRU)
International Committee of the Red Cross:
- Sub-regional office in Haiti
- Network of participating National Societies (PNS) for the Americas-Caribbean zone (formation underway)
- National Societies in the zone, in particular: Jamaica Red Cross (shelter projects), Red Cross in St Kitts and Nevis, Dominica, Grenada (Capacity building in disaster management)
Regional institutional partners, external to the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement:
- European Union: ECHO (regional office – Dominican Republic), Delegation for the Lesser Antilles zone (Barbados), Program INTERREG "Caribbean"
- Network of French embassies in the zone: Suriname, Jamaica, Haiti